Arduino UNO Compatible (MiniDuino)
The MiniDuino is an Arduino(TM) variant targeted at a very specific application - an Embedded GPS controller. The functionality of the MiniDuino allows it to be used in many applications. MiniDuino is very small - 2.0" x 1.35" and has large 4-40 mounting holes on each of the four corners for easy installation into an enclosure.
Application-oriented Arduino variant
The MiniDuino is targetted at supporting some leading hardware choices. The following have connections directly on the MiniDuino:
- Adafruit Ultimate GPS Breakout 8-pin connector
- Chinese 1.8" TFT LCD with MicroSD Card (10 pin variant with wiring to support 8 pin wiring version) (Adafruit version).
- 6-pin connector
- 5-Way Switch interface (GVS)
- 5 Analog connections with AREF
- A4, A5 split onto separate I2C connector
- 3 Digital connections with Power/Ground
Embedded Design Arduino variant
The result is a great basis for most embedded designs. Any design which requires menu navigation and LCD displays along with a few I/O pins is a great fit. More I/O pins can be accommodated via an I2C interface and either the 8-bit I2C parallel port card or 16-bit I2C parallel port card.